Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Michele Placido on Afghan TV, Free Her

Written by AGI

(AGI) - Rome, June 2 - Michele Placido, well known in Afghanistan for his interpretation of Commissario Cattani in the TV series "La Piovra", called for the liberation of Clementina Cantoni.
"Salem aleikum, my name is Michele Placido, I'm Commissario Cattani. I have been to Kabul and became your friend. I'm still your friend and I follow with great apprehension all problems of your people. The same way as Clementina Cantoni came to Afghanistan to help your women, your children".
This is the beginning of a short spot broadcasted today on Italian news programme Tg1 and Afghan TV channel Tolo.
Placido continued: "Please help us, help us to free Clementina, she is Italian like me and she loves you as I do. Thank you".

No comments:

Post a Comment